Thursday, September 18, 2008

Curry Leaf Chicken Fry

A friend I hadn't met for 30 years called this year and as we renewed our friendship, I invited them to visit. They finally fit in a short visit to our place. I was just starting this blog and as soon as my friend Mary, and her husband Neethi, heard what I was doing, they generously shared their best recipes with me. They are both good cooks but I didn't know how good till I recently tried this recipe they gave me.
Thanks Mary and Neethi...hope the picture looks like the finished dish is meant to look like.



Curry leaf (Karipatha) Chicken Fry

1 lb boneless chicken
Ginger 1 Tbsp
Garlic ½ Tbsp
Red chilli powder, haldi, salt
½ cup curry leaves
3 Tbsps olive oil
One oz. butter

Heat oil and butter.
Fry curry leaves then ginger, garlic, red chilli powder and haldi nicely, then chicken. Add salt to taste.
Cover and keep till done adding little water if necessary.
Towards end add little more curry leaves.
Opt: squeeze ½ lime.

Truly simple and delicious.

No comments: