Tuesday, December 16, 2014



NO FRY DAHI VADES




I'm always trying out some of the recipes posted in my cooking group.
Ruchi Airen's no fry dahi vade, made weeks ago, caught my attention: http://www.foodfellas4you.com/dahi-ki-pakori-in-the-appe-pan/
While experimenting with her recipe, I researched and tried out two other 'no-fry' dahi vades from authors not on our blog.  One was Nishamadhulika's steamed dahi vades (in an idli steamer) and the other was Tarla Dalal's 'no-fry' dahi vades where they are made on a skillet.
Please note the different toppings were so I wouldn't forget which was which when eating/writing the recipes up.
I was extremely pleased with all three results and thank Ruchi for bringing one of my favorite dishes, with a healthier 'no fry' method to my attention.
In the click, Ruchi's dahi vade is on top, NM's on bottom left and TD's on bottom right.
On the whole, I feel the traditional dahi vade does not retain/absorb too much oil if fried at the correct temperature and then dropped into warm water but this healthier option is available to us all now.
I hope dahi vades will feature in your menus soon....

No comments: